What's brewing

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Inspiration [in a jar]

Woah, so my apologies for being MIA recently, but work has caught up with me and I've been in the middle of working on a few fun projects, one of which I'll share today.  Ever since I set up a Stumble Upon account, I've "stumbled" on many fun and wonderful things to do, see, make, eat, etc.  I have come across a few posts about inspiration jars. The idea is so simple, and yet the effect I think is so profound.  Especially for that special someone that you might be giving the inspiration jar to.  Take a jar, bowl, can, etc and fill it with motivational quotes, song lyrics, bible phrases you name it.  Give it as a gift or make one for yourself--either way, a daily dose from your inspiration jar could be the perfect remedy for the workday blues.

My best friend is beginning a new college this year.  And I thought something special I could make for her would be one of these inspiration jars.  Just a little reminder that I am always thinking of her, and something that will come in handy when she has a big exam, or a long day at campus, or just needs a little motivation. 

Enter the inspiration jar.

The sky is basically the limit with how you create one, but here is what I did to give you an example:

First, I purchased a jar to put the inspiration in.  Only $1 at the dollar store:-)

Next, After deciding I didn't want to paint the jar, I determined I would deco-podge the jar.  I picked out a couple colors of tissue paper that I would use to create mosaic inspired tiles for my inspiration jar.

After creating the deco-podge effect on my inspiration jar, I added some inspirational words to the jar, and be-dazzled it with jewels in coordinating colors to match the tissue paper.

The last touch was finding inspirational quotes and writing them on index cards.  I folded the index cards in half and stuffed the jar with lots of inspiration:-) 

And Voila...my inspiration jar

...the perfect homemade gift for anyone special in your life.

My Inspiration Jar in Pictures




Who will you make an inspiration jar for??

always love,
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment